Swerim offer services and competency within 3D-printing, also called additive manufacturing (AM). 3D printing has multiple benefits such as shorter lead-times, better product characteristics and reduced cost.
3D printing is one of Swerims’s focus areas. We collaborate with both industry and academia to develop and implement additive manufacturing on an industrial scale, based on materials, product- and process development.
State-of-the-art 3D printing research
Swerim offers competency throughout the entire chain, from ideas to verified products, which include:
- Alloy development and powder manufacturing
- Powder handling and characterisation
- Simulation, design and processing
- 3D manufacturing with different techniques
- Processing (heat treatment, HIP etc.)
- Metallography and chemical analysis
- Product characterisation (mechanical, physical and corrosion)
- Quality verification of products (OFP, XRD, 3D scanning etc.
The Swedish Arena for Additive Manufacturing of Metals
The Swedish Arena for Additive Manufacturing of Metals contributes to the development of technology and knowledge to reach the full potential of AM.
Contact and more information
annika.strondl [at] swerim.se