Heat treatment is a critical process that gives metals their desired physical properties. Swerim conducts applied research, development and training, and provides consultancy services, with specialist knowledge in hardening, quenching and pre- and post-treatment.
We provide research and development, advice, training and consultancy services in heat treatment. The principle processes are case hardening, deep hardening, induction hardening and nitriding/nitrocarburizing, as well as related pre and post-treatments.
Heat treatment – process and product development
Below are several of the services we provide in this area:
- process development and prediction of product properties after heat treatment
- the impact of production processes on mechanical properties
- simulation of heat treatment and fatigue properties
- fractographic studies, analysis of fracture surfaces
- fatigue testing, such as rotating bending or contact fatigue testing
- advanced microscopy
- assessment and testing of quenching media
- post-treatment of forged products
- quality, environment and energy issues
Network for heat treatment
RISE and Swerim run the Heat-treatment Centre (VBCentrum), which is a network for heat-treatment research and development.
Contact and more information
sven.haglund [at] swerim.se