The Non-Ferrous Metals research programme focuses on research and development of processes and product development for non-ferrous metals. We provide solutions for manufacturers as well as end-users.
Members include both manufacturing companies as well as end users of aluminium, copper and brass. A common theme for our projects is the correlation between manufacturing, microstructure and the characteristics of the end-product. The goal is to optimize processes and improve products.
Members get access to our expertise within:
- Process simulation, in laboratory scale.
- Advanced metallography and materials analysis
- Test methods for specific application areas
- Virtual simulation
- Corrosion mechanisms and corrosion tests
- Functional surfaces and surface characterisation
- Laser ultrasonics for non-destructive testing or materials characterisation
- Joining technology, including soldering and welding
Please contact us if you would like to become a member or if you have any questions.