Get access to the latest research and development projects for powders. As a participating companiesyou will be able to take part in research aiming to create applicable results.
Are you working with powders as a raw material, as an end-product or as one of many products in a manufacturing process? Swerim works with research and development of various types of alloy combinations as well as metallurgical processes for powders.
Swerim has extensive experience of powders and processes, such as atomisation, hot isostatic pressing (HIP) and additive manufacturing (3D). We also focus on characterisation of powders and powder materials as well as powder handling.
Currently the main focus of the research consortium is:
- Development of powder materials and processes
- Compaction of materials through Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP).
- Powder handling and characterisation
Participating companies get access to our advanced test equipment, such as:
- State-of-the-art gas atomisation equipment for metal alloys, for batch sizes of 30-90 kg of steel, equipped with gas heating and associated classification equipment.
- Hot Isostatic Press (HIP): 2000 °C, 2000 bar, work area 130x260 mm, maximum load 25 kg.
- Additive manufacturing equipment / 3D printer (Arcam).
- Sintering furnaces and gas analysisPhotoacoustic spectroscopy (PAS) and mass spectrometer for analysis of reduction gases.
- Image analysis equipment (dynamic).
- Particle size analysis equipment (laser diffraction)
Please contact us if you have any questions.