Sweden was once an early adopter of additive manufacturing and now has class leading AM suppliers. Additive manufacturing has the potential to make Swedish industries competitive and leading through high-value manufacturing that will create growth, uniqueness, jobs, and export opportunities. A membership in the Arena gives participating companies and research organisations an opportunity to take part in the effort to make this to be a reality.
The Arena offers
- A strong network in additive manufacturing of metals.
- A platform to monitor and contribute to the development of technology and knowledge.
- Easy access to test and demo platforms in additive manufacturing of metals.
- Support in the industrialisation of additive manufacturing of metals.
The Arena highlights focus areas as
- Quality considerations in additive manufacturing.
- From prototyping to industrial production.
- Correlation between raw material and final properties.
- Qualification of new alloys and alloy development.
- Remanufacturing applications.
Interested to become a member of the Arena?
Obtain further information about the arena and membership agreement through downloading the documents listed below or contact the arena coordinator Annika Strondl.
Log-in to the arena web forum
The Arena is a joint initiative from Swerim, RISE, Chalmers University of Technology, Materials and Manufacturing Technology and University West, Engineering Science. Today we are a network of industrial and academic partners (see Members).
More information to download:
- Rapport: Koordinering av forskning inom additiv tillverkning av metall
- Buissiness plan AM Arena 2020 (205.96 KB)
- RAMP-UP Report I, State of the art for additive Manufacturing of Metals, 22nd of June 2017 (3.1 MB)
- RAMP-UP Report II, Research needs and challenges for swedish industrial use of additive manufacturing, 6th of October 2017 (929.6 KB)
- Swedish roadmap for industralisation of metal additive amufacturing (1.79 MB)